Os Seis Em Ponto, presented on Parallel Realities with their only (?) compacto duplo recorded for RGE. The sextet has also released one career album in 1961, later reprinted on CD, which also includes these four compositions from the compacto duplo:
1. O Menino das Laranjas (Theo de Barros)
2. Mar Azul (Francis Hime / João Vitório)
3. Samba do Carioca (Carlos Lyra / Vinicius de Moraes)
4. Só Tinha de Ser Com Você (Tom Jobim / Aloysio de Oliveira)
SÉRIE BOSSA NOVA
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
One of the first albums ever that I have found on Loronix was Sandra's only career album. I also re-posted it from Loronix into another reality some 5-6 years ago. Last night I received it in a STEREO version from Edson Mendes, accompanied with a text about Sandra and some additional infromation about this album as well as two bonus tracks.
Here is Edson's complete text:
Sandra was a night club singer that sang with pianist and composer Newton Mendonça in boites such La Boheme and Carroussel, in Copacabana (RJ). She also worked at Djalma Ferreira's Drink.
With this album Samba 35mm, Sandra won the "Sambista - singer female newcomer" award from the Brazilian Association of Record Critics in 1961. But a few days before receiving the award in December of that year, Sandra died in a car crash. The cab she was traveling in skidded on the streetcar rails in Vila Isabel and crashed into a lamp-post.
As a highlight, this disc features two exclusive compositions by Newton Mendonça: "Nuvem" (the only one recording) and "O Tempo não Desfaz" (released in the previous year by singer Geny Martins).
01. Caminhando (Luis Bandeira)
02. Dói... Dói... Dói... (João Mello)
03. Tão Bom (Hercílio Silva - Edgardo Luiz)
04. O Tempo Não Desfaz (Newton Mendonça)
05. Devagar Com A Louça (Luis Reis - Haroldo Barbosa)
06. Era Bom (Hianto de Almeida - Macedo Netto)
07. Se Você Gostou (Fernando Cesar - Carlos Imperal)
08. A Sandália Da Nêga (a.k.a. Deixa a Nega Gingar) (Luiz Claudio)
09. Sem Bossa (Wenceslau Netto)
10. Luluzinha Bossa Nova ( Ronaldo Boscoli - Roberto Menescal)
11. O Maioral (Sylvio Vianna)
12. Nuvem (Newton Mendonça)
Bonus tracks (from Celso Murilo's album Férias no Drink - Pawal 20014 -1961):
13. Menino desce daí (Paulinho Nogueira)
14. Chiclete com banana (Gordurinha - Almira Castilho)
Technical data (incomplete):
Produção: Américo Raimundo Nogueira Lima
Arranjos: Celso Murilo e Marco Ruppi
Piano e órgão: Celso Murilo
Baixo: Tião Marinho
Bateria: Fernando Careca
Saxofone: Marco Ruppi
Créditos: Edson Mendes
TRIVIA FOR THE DISTINGUISHED CONNAISSEUR by Brazilliance:
Tenor saxophonist Marco Ruppi aka Marko Rupe reutilized all arrangements except “Nuvem” the following year on the album Sambalanço credited as Orquestra Moderna de Sambas. For comparison you may listen here and here.
More of Sandra’s fine talent can be found on Celso Murilo’s ISTO É O DRINK from 1960 with her performing exquisite renditions of Poema das Mãos and A Tua Volta.