9.2.16

Conjunto de Boite Ambassador - Dancaria A Noite Inteira (1963)

RCA Victor BBL 1246

The only (?) recording by the Conjunto de Boite Ambassador is full of mysteries, headed by two major ones:

The Boite Ambassador is obviously a night club where drinking and dancing happened nightly in the years up to 1963 and probably some time after that time. Needless for me to say that I don't know where it was situated, and especially not who the members of the band that was playing there were.

As expected, both mysterious topics have zero explanation on the back cover, which beside a shameless promotion of recordings released by RCA Victor, fortunately gives us the track list:

01. I Could Have Danced All Night (Alan Jay Lerner / Frederick Loewe)
02. Make Haste My Love (Ulpio Minucci / Roy Jordan)
03. Una Aventura Mas (Oscar Kinleiner)
04. Mulher de Trinta (Luis Antônio)
05. Romântica (Renato Rascel / Dino Verde)
06. Não Tem Solução (Dorival Caymmi / Carlos Guinle)
07. Cocktails For Two (A. Johnson / S. Coslov)
08. Hymne À L'Amour (Edith Piaf / Marguerite Monnot)
09. Murmúrio (Djalma Ferreira / Luis Antônio)
10. Taboo (Margarita Lecuona)
11. My Prayer (Mi Oración) (Georges Boulanger)
12. Meditação (Tom Jobim / Newton Mendonça)

I must confess that the music that the unknown musicians have recorded on this album sounds quite according to my taste and, although clueless about the boite itself, I can very well imagine the atmosphere and happenings.
Hope you'll enjoy it all as much as I did.

DANÇARIA

Créditos: Pedro & 300discos 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To request a LINK RENEWAL, send a mail to:
parallelrealitiesmusic@gmail.com
If it is possible, you will receive a PayPal contribution request of
2.99 EUR per album.
A new link will be sent to you by mail.