A 30th anniversary of playing Samba by the Orquestra Rio de Janeiro produced by Henrique Gandelman. All you might want to know about the Orquestra Rio de Janeiro, this release and Henrique Gandelman you may read on the back cover in the linear notes written by Henrique Gandelman.
I will just inform you in advance that the arrangements are by Severino Filho and present also the list of compositions performed:
01. A Voz do Morro (Zé Keti)
02. Na Baixa do Sapateiro (Ary Barroso)
03. Onde O Céu Azul É Mais Azul (Alcyr Pires Vermelho / Alberto Ribeiro / João de Barro)
04. Ai Que Saudades da Amélia (Ataulfo Alves / Mário Lago)
05. Copacabana (João de Barro / Alberto Ribeiro)
06. A Felicidade (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
07. Madureira Chorou (Carvalhinho / Julio Monteiro)
08. Aquarela do Brasil (Ary Barroso)
09. Maracangalha (Dorival Caymmi)
10. Meu Consolo É Você (Antônio Nássara / Roberto Martins)
11. Feitiço da Vila (Noel Rosa / Vadico)
12. Agora É Cinza (Alcebíades Barcelos "Bide" / Armando "Marçal")
As far as I know there is one fact we know, which Henrique Gandelman could not have known at the time he was writing the linear notes: Velhas Ideias Novas is the only career album released by the Orquestra Rio de Janeiro.
THE GOOD OLD NEW IDEAS
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
FAMILY TIES by Stu Blagden:
Henrique Gandelman was the father of well known Brazilian Jazz saxophonist and producer Leo Gandelman i believe.