The unknown cantoras da noite trend is, luckily, continuing:
A surprise package sent by Edson Mendes arrived this morning in my mailbox: Aloísio Figueiredo's Bon Voyage, together with an accompanying text:
"This record has a special interest for me (besides the musical part), because the night club Bon Voyage was near from my old home and it is a beautiful building, projected by the Brazilian internationally known architect Oscar Niemeyer. It still exists, but now is not a night club anymore."
More about Bon Voyage, Aloísio, this album as well as about Oscar Niemeyer, you may read on the back cover text.
More about Nelson Figueiredo is the fact that he is Aloísio's brother and singing on two compositions.
More about singer Odysséa, except for the fact that she is a new singer featured on two tracks, you will not find in the text, neither, as far as I know, anywhere else.
On the other hand, you may hear her singing on two tracks on this fantastic album, consisting of these compositions:
01. Sweetly (Docemente) (Hervé Cordovil / René Cordovil)
02. Ódio (Aloísio Figueiredo / Nelson Figueiredo) com Odysséa
03. The Dream Of Olwen (C. Williams)
04. Tá Compreendido (Aloísio Figueiredo / Nelson Figueiredo) com Nelson Figueiredo
05. Moonglow (Irving Mills / Will Hudson / Eddie de Lange)
06. Agora É Cinza (Alcebíades Barcelos "Bide" / Armando "Marçal")
07. A Felicidade (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
08. Homem Moderno (Aloísio Figueiredo / Nelson Figueiredo) com Nelson Figueiredo
09. E A Chuva Parou (Ribamar / Esdras Pereira da Silva / Victor Freire)
10. Só Saudade (Calixto de Paula Acle) com Odysséa
11. Escale a Vitória (Varel / Bailly)
12. Alguém Como Tu (José Maria de Abreu / Jair Amorim)
Organ, piano, accordion and celeste - Aloysio Figueiredo
Guitar - Lúcio
Bass - Calixto
Drums and rhythm section - not credited
Vocals - Odysséa and Nelson Figueiredo
Créditos: Edson Mendes