Although Maestro Oswaldo Borba has been presented on Parallel Realities as participant or one of the artists in various artists compilations, and one compacto duple (released in former Yugoslavia), today I am happy to present him for the first time with a career album, recorded in '58 for Odeon.
The back cover shows a short text written by Aloysio de Oliveira about the technique and advantages of Hi-Fi, mentioning, by the way, also Oswaldo Borba by name, unfortunatelly without giving any details about his life, work, career or similar.
Anyway, Maestro Borba is quite well known, so just relax and enjoy his orchestral renditions (recorded in Hi-Fi) of:
01. Casa da Loló (Djalma Ferreira / José Bicalho)
02. Who's Sorry Now (Ted Snyder / Bert Karmer / Harry Ruby)
03. Viva Meu Samba (Billy Blanco)
04. L'edera (Merci) (Saverio Seracini / Vincenzo D'Acquisto)
05. Colonel Bogey (Kenneth J. Alford)
06. Só Pode Ser Você (Noel Rosa / Vadico)
07. Chega de Saudade (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
08. Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) (Domenico Modugno / Franco Migliacci)
09. Tropicana (Astor Silva)
10. Canção de Amor (Chocolate / Elano de Paula)
11. Isto Aqui O Que É (Ary Barroso)
12. Cherie (Mara / Carlos Kazner)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos