Accordion player Luis Reis has been recently presented for the first time on Parallel Realities with two compositions from first career album, Samba de Balanço, on the para dançar compilation Discoteca Dançante Nº 5.
Thanks to Pedro reading a comment by Frank-Oliver under the particular post, I am able to present the complete LP now.
More about balanço in general and the music on this LP can be read on the back cover text written by Haroldo Barbosa, the producer of this masterpiece.
More about the lady displayed on the front cover, is unfortunately omitted from his text.
Luis Reis has recorded, as far as I know, only one more album in 1964 together with João Roberto Kelly.
01. Devagar Com a Louça (Haroldo Barbosa / Luis Reis)
02. Moeda Quebrada (Luis Reis / Haroldo Barbosa)
03. Dança do Ban-zan-zan (Janet de Almeida / Chiquinho Storino)
04. Lamento da Lavadeira (Monsueto / Nilo Chagas / João Violão)
05. Palhaçada (Luis Reis / Haroldo Barbosa)
06. Boa Noite Rio (Haroldo Barbosa / Luis Reis)
07. Samba de Balanço (Haroldo Barbosa / Luis Reis)
08. Corcovado (Tom Jobim)
09. Que Samba Bom (Geraldo Pereira / Arnaldo Passos)
10. Adeus América (Geraldo Jacques / Haroldo Barbosa)
11. Onde Estava Eu (Armando Cavalcanti / Victor Freire)
12. Chá-chá-chá da Moça (Haroldo Barbosa / Luis Reis)
Musical direction is by Carlos Monteiro de Souza.
FOLLOW THIS LINK, FRANK
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
CORRECTION by Edson Mendes:
Here's just one correction to be made: Luiz Reis is the piano player and the accordion is played (according to the text in the back cover) "by an encyclopedic musician, easily identifiable, however silent for contractual reasons". I guess he is Chiquinho do Acordeon, but I'm not sure...
QUESTION by Frank-Oliver:
Who are the singers on this album?
QUESTION by Milan Filipović:
Who is the lady on the front cover?