Contrary to the previously posted album by Astor Silva, this one has also been presented on Loronix but this time, as usual, Zeca's text can be found and read on Órfãos do Loronix.
The tracks can, as usual, be enjoyed here:
01. Mulata Assanhada (Ataulfo Alves)
02. Garota de Ipanema (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
03. Só Danço Samba (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
04. Saudade (Ruy Rey / Emílio Batista)
05. Olhou Pra Mim (Ed Lincoln / Silvio César)
06. Aquarela do Brasil (Ary Barroso)
07. Meditação (Tom Jobim / Newton Mendonça)
08. La Forcata (Nino Oliviero / Riz Ortolani)
09. Chora Tua Tristeza (Oscar Castro Neves / Luvercy Fiorini)
10. Ti Guarderó Nel Cuore (Nino Oliviero / Riz Ortolani / Marcello Ciorciolini)
11. Eu Nasci no Morro (Ary Barroso)
12. O Que o Samba Tem (Othon Russo / Astor Silva)
ENJOY THE TRACKS!
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
As far as I can remember, this album by Astor Silva was posted on Loronix but for some mysterious reasons was not included on Órfãos do Loronix.
that means that I can not point to the usual location where Zeca's original text might be found.
Anyway, I am sure that the lack of competent information will not spoil your pleasure while listening to:
01. Agora É Cinza (Alcebíades Barcelos "Bide" / Armando "Marçal")
02. A Noite do Meu Bem (Dolores Duran)
03. Copacabana (João de Barro / Alberto Ribeiro)
04. Fita Amarela (Noel Rosa)
05. Oh! Carol (Neil Sedaka / Howard Greenfield)
06. Stardust (Hoagy Carmichael / Mitchell Parish)
07. Este Seu Olhar (Tom Jobim)
08. Feitiço da Vila (Noel Rosa / Vadico)
09. Dindi (Tom Jobim / Aloysio de Oliveira)
10. The Diary (Neil Sedaka / Howard Greenfield)
11. Eu Sei Que Vou Te Amar (Tom Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes)
12. Laura (David Raksin / Johnny Mercer)
SOUNDS FROM THE HOUSE OF LORDS
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
EDIT: I just discovered that Loronix has posted another album with the same lady's same photograph on the front cover: Walter Wanderley's No Embalo do Samba, recorded under the false name Mike Falacao.
Probably, that's the one I remembered...
ZECA'S LAST POST ON LORONIX by Frank-Oliver:
This was the last post at Loronix and was a long time seen when you opened the website.
ZECA'S COMPLETE TEXT by Noemia:
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 by Zecalouro:
Hello, good evening! I am very close to finish an important work to Loronix and also a key effort to bring some relief to the financial problems I'm facing this year. I would love to make the announcement now, but I need some final and necessary adjustments. It is only a matter of days, days of hard work by the way. Meanwhile, I would leave you in with a great record of one of the most important Brazilian instrumentalist, Astor Silva, the legendary trombonist and arranger recording with a fake name of Lord Astor. Let's see. This is Lord Astor e Sua Conjunto - E Danca (1961), for Imperial, the legendary Odeon door sales subsidiary. We know Imperial uses to reissue Odeon albums with another presentation, but so far I could not identify which original Astor Silva release this album belongs. This cover was also used on another Imperial release, Mike Falcao e Seu Conjunto - No Embalo do Samba (1966), which is Walter Wanderley recording with this fake name. Anyway, better stay with the outstanding Astor Silva playing leading a Conjunto -- credited by mistake as an orchestra -- of unknown musicians.
MORE TEXTS by Noemia:
More texts about this album from the blogs: Eu Ovo and Toque Musical you may read here inside the comments.