Some time ago, I was contacted by Vinicius Carvalho Veleda, a young historian from Pelotas, Rio Grade do Sul, who is making a research about João Adelino Leal Brito (Britinho, Pierre Kolmann, Franca Villa, Tito Romero):
" I'm interested in the pianist for three main reasons:
First because we're related - he is the brother of my grandfather, my father's father. I always heard stories from my father about "Uncle musician who lived Rio de Janeiro." But my family has just "everyday" memories. Britinho as it exited from Pelotas to the state capital Porto Alegre very young, around 19 or 20 years old. After that, the memories are more of the days he came to vacation here. Usually at Carnival time in February.
The second reason is because it is the city of Pelotas. We know that Britinho had some recognition, prestige, fame. Was requested on many radio stations and record labels. But it was from Porto Alegre. Here it seems in the city of Pelotas he left very little trace, evidence. By this I mean that few recognize here, only the staff involved with the culture of the city. And generally remember him more at the carnival, on vacation, not previously while learning piano.
The last reason is because I am a historian. For some years, at least since 2008 that I organize materials (sound files, covers - they have lots of information, bibliography, family memories, etc.). I'll try later this year to enter the postgraduate course in History (Master) at the Federal University of Pelotas. My topic, research subject is Britinho."
Vinicius sent me two published articles containing some results of his research about Britinho and he promised that, as his research is going on, he will send more results as they get discovered.
With his permission, I am enclosing both texts to the zip with Britinho's music recorded under one of his pseudonyms: Tito Romero.
While reading Vinicius' texts, enjoy Pedro's transfer of these gems:
01. Teus Olhos Entendem os Meus (Haroldo Eiras / Victor Berbara)
02. Que Será (Marino Pinto / Mário Rossi)
03. Espere Um Pouco Mais (Waldir Machado)
04. Meu Sonho É Você (Altamiro Carrilho / Átila Nunes)
05. Falas de Amor Outra Vez (Raul Sampaio / Benil Santos)
06. Inspiração (Paulo Gesta / Oscar Bellandi)
07. A Voz do Violão (Francisco Alves / Horácio Campos)
08. Sou Eu (Rubens Machado)
09. Se a Saudade Falasse (Felisberto Martins / Mário Rossi)
10. Esmagando Rosas (Alcyr Pires Vermelho / David Nasser)
11. Porque Brilham os Teus Olhos (Fernando César)
12. Nunca Mais (Mário Jardim / José Garcia / Décio Magalhães)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos