Contrary to the previous post here is no dilemma who to invite...
A premiere of João Maria de Abreu, the piano player, and his trio.
There is a bit of confusion about the identity of João Maria de Abreu: Memoria Musical lists this album as the first and only one recorded by José Maria de Abreu. Also on melodies composed by João Maria, there is José Maria listed instead.
On the other hand when typing João Maria de Abreu in their artists search-box several albums by piano player João Maria de Abreu are listed, recorded in the period between 1976 and 1983. Is this the same João or not, I do not know. Also I do not know if João Maria de Abreu is the artistic name of José Maria de Abreu, or vice versa.
Or is it all just a typing mistake?
Anyway, don't let this mystery spoil you the pleasure of a romantic dinner with these suitable compositions adding to the atmosphere and anticipation:
01. Você (João Maria de Abreu)
02. Nunca (Lupicínio Rodrigues)
03. Conselheiro (João Maria de Abreu)
04. Meiguice (K-Ximbinho / Del Loro)
05. Cidinha (João Maria de Abreu)
06. Mocinho Bonito (Billy Blanco)
07. You Are My Destiny (Paul Anka)
08. Moonlight In Vermont (John Blackburn / Karl Suessdorf)
09. There Will Never Be a Another You (Harry Warren / Mack Gordon)
10. Yesterdays (Jerome Kern / Otto Harbach)
11. Melodie D'Amour (Henri Salvador / Marc Lanjean)
12. Cachito (Consuelo Velasquez)
JOÃO OR JOSÉ ?
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
DEDUCTION by Hercule Poirot:
The answer to this question about João and José, ah, c'est vraiment três simple, mon cher Milan: The man writing on Memoria Musical, il est un bon catholique. He goes to church tous les dimanches, and what can be more logical for this man than to write in haste José Maria instead of João Maria.