Índio do Cavaquinho e Seu Conjunto play music almost in accordance with the atmosphere displayed on the cover. I say almost, as the cover displays, beside the politically incorrect cigarette and alcohol flair, also a gentleman lighting his cigarette with a candle, a clumsiness that could have been avoided if he had bought some matches or a lighter prior to taking the lady out to dinner... Unfortunately without these, he makes a non-playboy like impression and it is noticeable that the attention of the lady is focused (rightly) upon the cavaquinho player, rather than upon her escort.
I fear that the evening has not ended as the gentleman has expected, but the music is simply beautiful and compensates it all.
The compositions performed are:
01. Gosto de Ser da Saudade (Fernando César / Tito César)
02. A Noite e a Prece (Evaldo Gouveia / Almeida Rego)
03. Perfume de Gardênia (Rafael Hernandez)
04. Dança do Pica-pau (Édson França / Edinaldo Costa / Índio do Cavaquinho)
05. Minha Saudade (João Donato / João Gilberto)
06. Dó-ré-mi (Fernando César)
07. Nasci Para Bailar (Joel de Almeida / Fernando Lobo / Tasiro)
08. Balada do Amor (Bidú Reis / Murillo Latini)
09. Saudades de Minha Terra (Mário Gennari Filho)
10. Fim de Romance (Rogério Lucas / Wilson Porto)
11. Bá (Édson França / Costa Netto)
12. Pertinho de Mim (Edinaldo Vieira Lima / Hercilio Elias da Silva)
POCKETFULL OF MATCHES
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
P.S. The mighty music site Bau de Long Playing has a new address: You may access it by clicking HERE, or from The Music of Parallel Realities Sites with interesting music blog roll.